Maintenance Serviceperson I 07.31.18.pdf
The Maintenance Serviceperson I is responsible for performing unskilled and semi-skilled maintenance and repair tasks in order to maintain the IHC units in a decent, safe and sanitary condition.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Education and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent. Two (2) years vocational training desirable. Two (2) years responsible experience with a public housing or residential maintenance. Demonstrated ability to perform unskilled, semi-skilled tasks and assist with skilled tasks. Demonstrated ability to operate the more common types of machine or woodworking equipment. Ability to follow detailed instructions, take directions from Supervisor, and effectively communicate with residents and IHC staff.
Licenses and Certifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent Customer Service.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally with a variety of people, one-on-one and in small groups.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing, generally using existing form letters or other documents as examples.
- Ability to use a personal computer to enter and report data and perform word processing
- Knowledge of the Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS). • Takes all appropriate safety precautions to avoid on-the-job accidents.
- Completes 100% of assigned Emergency work orders within 24-Hours.
- Completes 100% of assigned Urgent work orders within 72-Hours.
- Completes 100% of assigned routine work orders within 20-days.
- Completes make ready work order within 10-days
- For all work completed, meets quality standards established by the supervisor.
- Uses skills necessary to the job and shows evidence of developing additional skills through experience.
- Uses IHC tools, materials and equipment efficiently, properly and safely.
- Properly prepares and submits 100% of job-related documents (work orders time sheets etc.) to the supervisor daily.
- Attendance reliable leave does not exceed the amount permitted and the employee has no unexcused absences from the job.
HOW TO APPLY: APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, August 10, 2018, 5:00PM Submit letter of interest and resume prior to deadline to:
Name: Catherine Broadbent, Executive Administrative Assistant / Human Resources Generalist Address: IHC Administration Building, 4500 Inkster Rd. – Inkster, MI 48141 Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org